For basketball enthusiasts, the NBA League Pass is often a go-to service for watching games and enjoying other league-related content. However, there may come a time when you want to cancel your subscription, either to save money or because you’re not using the service as much as you’d hoped. Thankfully, cancelling your NBA League Pass can be done in several ways, depending on the device or platform you’ve used to subscribe. This article will walk you through each of those methods in detail.
How to Cancel NBA TV Subscription
Firstly, it’s important to distinguish between NBA League Pass and NBA TV subscriptions. NBA TV is often bundled with NBA League Pass, but they can also be separate subscriptions. If you’re subscribed directly through the NBA website, follow these steps:
- Visit the NBA League Pass website
- Sign in to your account
- Navigate to the ‘My Account’ section
- Locate the ‘Subscriptions’ tab
- Click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and follow the on-screen prompts
- NBA League Pass: Provides access to all regular-season games, plus additional content.
- NBA TV: Focuses on league-wide news, highlights, and some live games.
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on Android
For those who subscribed via an Android device, you’ll need to cancel through Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap on the Menu (three horizontal lines)
- Select ‘Subscriptions’
- Find and tap on NBA League Pass
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’ and confirm your action
Quick Tip: The Google Play Store also allows you to manage other subscriptions, so it’s a good area to review if you’re looking to save on monthly costs.
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on Smart TV
Canceling on Smart TV can vary depending on the TV brand, but for most Smart TVs with Android OS, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Navigate to ‘Subscriptions’
- Locate NBA League Pass
- Cancel the subscription
For other Smart TVs, you may need to cancel through the device’s specific app store.
Smart TV Brands and OS
- Samsung: Tizen OS
- LG: webOS
- Sony: Android TV
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on iPhone
If you’ve subscribed via an Apple device, cancellation will go through the Apple App Store:
- Open Settings
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top
- Select ‘Subscriptions’
- Tap on NBA League Pass
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’
Note: You can also manage and cancel other subscriptions from this menu, including Apple Music and iCloud storage plans.
Why Can’t I Cancel My NBA League Pass Subscription?
Sometimes, the cancellation process may not go smoothly due to various reasons, such as:
- Technical issues with the website or app
- Your account is not in good standing
- You’re trying to cancel a non-refundable subscription
If you encounter any issues, reach out to NBA League Pass Customer Support for further assistance.
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on Amazon Prime
Subscribed through Amazon? No worries. Go to ‘Your Memberships and Subscriptions’ in your Amazon account to cancel.
- Navigate to ‘Your Account’
- Click on ‘Memberships and Subscriptions’
- Find NBA League Pass
- Click on ‘Cancel Subscription’
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on Roku
Roku users can cancel by navigating through the device’s settings.
- Press ‘Home’ on your Roku remote
- Select ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Payments and Subscriptions’
- Find NBA League Pass and cancel
Roku Tip: Keep an eye on your email for a confirmation of the cancellation, as it’s crucial evidence if any issues arise later.
How to Cancel NBA League Pass on YouTube TV
If you got your NBA League Pass through YouTube TV, you can cancel it via your YouTube TV account settings.
- Open YouTube TV
- Click on your profile picture
- Navigate to ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Memberships’
- Find NBA League Pass and click ‘Cancel Membership’
Each cancellation method has its own set of steps, but all aim to make the process as painless as possible. Whether you subscribed through a Smart TV, Android, iPhone, Amazon, Roku, or YouTube TV, we’ve covered all the bases for you. Always remember to read the terms and conditions to understand the implications of cancellation, including any non-refundable fees or periods.