Amazon Kids Plus offers a variety of educational and entertaining content for children, making it a popular choice among parents. While the subscription service has its advantages, there are scenarios where you might consider canceling it. Whether you’re thinking of switching to another platform or no longer need the service, canceling your Amazon Kids Plus subscription is a fairly straightforward process. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to cancel Amazon Kids Plus, whether you’re in the U.S., Canada, or using different devices.
Amazon Kids Account
Firstly, let’s clarify the difference between Amazon Kids and Amazon Kids Plus. Amazon Kids is a free service that allows you to create a child profile with parental controls. On the other hand, Amazon Kids Plus is a subscription service that gives you access to thousands of kid-friendly books, videos, apps, and other content.
- Amazon Kids: Free, limited content, basic parental controls.
- Amazon Kids Plus: Paid, extensive content library, advanced parental controls.
How to Cancel Amazon Kids Plus on Phone
Canceling Amazon Kids Plus from your phone is straightforward. Whether you have an iPhone or an Android device, you’ll need to access your Amazon account via the Amazon app.
- Open Amazon App: Open the Amazon shopping app on your phone.
- Navigate to Menu: Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner.
- Go to ‘Your Account’: Scroll down and tap on ‘Your Account.’
- Select ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’: Under the ‘Payments’ section, tap on this option.
- Cancel Subscription: Locate Amazon Kids Plus and select ‘Cancel.’
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on the app’s current layout, but they generally remain similar.
Amazon Kids Plus Subscription
The Amazon Kids Plus subscription costs can vary depending on whether you’re a Prime member or not, and it typically auto-renews unless you cancel it.
- Cost for Prime Members: Around $2.99 per month for a single child or $6.99 for a family plan.
- Cost for Non-Prime Members: Approximately $4.99 per month for one child or $9.99 for a family plan.
You may see this charge labeled on your credit card statement, usually appearing as something similar to “AMZN Mktp US*.”
Amazon Kids Charge on Credit Card
If you find an unexpected Amazon Kids Plus charge on your credit card, it might be due to the auto-renew feature. To stop this from happening, you’ll need to cancel your subscription.
- Auto-Renew: Automatically renews until canceled.
- Charge Label: Might appear as “AMZN Mktp US*” on your statement.
How to Cancel Amazon Kids Canada
If you’re residing in Canada, the cancelation process is almost identical to that in the U.S.
- Go to Amazon.ca: Open your browser and navigate to Amazon’s Canadian website.
- Login: If not already logged in, sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to ‘Your Account’: Scroll down to find this option.
- Select ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’: You will find this under the ‘Payments’ section.
- Cancel Subscription: Find Amazon Kids Plus and proceed to cancel it.
Here is a useful guide for canceling Amazon Kids Plus in Canada specifically.
Amazon Kids Plus Login
To cancel your subscription, you’ll need to log into the Amazon account linked to Amazon Kids Plus.
- Same Login: Your Amazon Kids Plus login credentials are the same as your regular Amazon login.
- Multiple Devices: You can cancel the subscription from any device where you can log into your Amazon account.
Amazon Kids Plus Parent Dashboard
The Parent Dashboard allows you to set parental controls and monitor your child’s activity on Amazon Kids Plus. Although it’s a useful feature, remember that canceling your Amazon Kids Plus subscription will result in losing access to the dashboard.
- Parental Controls: Allows you to set time limits, educational goals, and content age limits.
- Activity Monitoring: See what your child is watching, reading, or playing.
Amazon Kids vs Kids Plus
When deciding whether to stick with Amazon Kids or upgrade to Amazon Kids Plus, consider what each offers:
- Content: Amazon Kids Plus has a far more extensive library.
- Parental Controls: Both offer parental controls, but Kids Plus has more advanced options.
- Cost: Amazon Kids is free, while Kids Plus comes with a subscription fee.
By comparing these features, you can make an informed decision about which service is right for you and your family.
In summary, canceling Amazon Kids Plus is quite straightforward, whether you’re using a phone or computer, and regardless of your location. Always remember to check for any remaining charges on your credit card after cancelation to avoid unwanted costs.